When planning a painting project, the first thing to do is find the right painter. Hiring the wrong painter can cost you money, time and resources. A professional painter needs to have a certain set of skills necessary so that the work can be done properly and safely.
Here are some things to look for when hiring a painter:
1. Do your homework – Do a google search to find local painters.Read their reviews and check on community message boards for recommended painters. Talk to your neighbors. NextDoor is a good app to have to get real reviews from your neighbors on their painting experiences. This is a good way to find painters that you feel are best suited to give you an estimate.
2. Get 2-3 estimates. It is always good to have more than one estimate so you can make sure that something is not being missed, and make sure they are in the right ballpark pricewise. Also make sure that each estimate is covering the same areas, same type of preparation, number of coats of paint, product of paint being used, etc. One estimate might look cheaper than another, but research might tell you that they are using an inferior paint, or only applying one coat of paint instead of two. Make sure everyone is giving you a price for the same amount of work.
3. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see how long they are in business and if they have any reports of bad or inadequate service.
4. Make sure they can fit in your schedule. Keep in mind that sometimes it is better to wait for a painter that you feel is your best fit, than finding the one that can do it sooner. Also, ask how long the project will take. You want to make sure that once they start the job, they stay with you until they are done, and not back and forth with other projects.
5. Make sure your painter provides you with their insurance certificate, and letters of reference from customers.
6. Whether your project is interior or exterior painting, ask questions about what they think is best for your home regarding the type of paint to use, or what application they use. It is good to understand the depth of their experience and knowledge, and it might determine if they are the right fit for you. In addition, ask about the painters that will be coming to your home, how long they have worked for their company, how much experience do they have.
7. When you have made your decision on which painter to use, the next step is looking for the perfect color for your project. Ask your painter for a color chart to look at or ask them which supplier to go to look at for color samples. Put samples up to make sure it is what you want. Sometimes a color on a chart will look much different on your home, based on lighting and other factors.
The right painters will understand all your requirements in detail and give you an unparalleled experience. Creative Painting Systems is one such name that offers the best services in town to all customers, regardless of their preferences. Contact them today!
We won't stop until you are satisfied.
We use only the highest quality paint products so you can be assured that the job is done correctly, and will last for years to come.
Protection of your property, interior and exterior, is very important to us. All of our work is guaranteed.